|Place of Origin:||Hunan|
|Model Number:||smbs -p4|
|Minimum Order Quantity:||1 metric ton|
|Price:||usd 300 per metric ton|
|Packaging Details:||25 kgs bag,1000 kgs big bag|
|Delivery Time:||5-8 days|
|Payment Terms:||T/T , L/C|
|Supply Ability:||3000 tons per month|
|Name:||Sodium Meta Bisulphite Preservative For Flour||Other Name:||Preservative For Flour Sodium Pyrosulfite|
|Capacity:||50000 Tons Per Year||Application:||Food Preservative,Antichlor ,Mordant ,Developer|
|Packing:||25 Kgs Plastic Woven/paper Bag||Na2S2O5 Purity:||Above 97%|
sodium metabisulfite industrial grade,
sodium metabisulfite reducing agent
sodium metabisulfite preservative food grade for flour
Certificate of Analysis
|Appearance||White free-flowing Crystal Powder|
|Purity (Na2S2O5)||97% min|
|Iron (Fe)||0.003% min|
|Heavy Metal (Pb)||5 ppm max|
|Arsenic (As)||1 ppm max|
|Water Insoluble||0.05% max|
Dechlorination Sodium Metabisulfite 7681-57-4
Property: Dechlorination Sodium Metabisulfite is:
white or light yellow crystal powder, a strong smell of sulfur dioxide,relative density is 1.4, easy to dissolve in water
and glycerin, water solution.
It has acidity,and its solubility will become large while raising the temperature and is less to dissolve in ethanol.
Appearance: Pure White Crystalline Powder .
(1) Food Grade: Bleach agent (e.g. candies, cake, bamboo shoots, etc); Loose agent (e.g. bread, cracker etc);
Antiseptic and germicide (e.g. fruit juice, tinned food, brews, the cereals food is defended storage etc);
Inhibitor and freshen agent (e.g. day lily, seafood, fruit and vegetable etc).
Store the product in a cool and dry place, prevent from direct sunlight ,water and moisture, avoid contact with strong acid,oxidants or poisonous substances. Exposure to moisture will make it oxidze easily to sodium sulphate.Do not store it for long time.
Sodium Metabisulfite Food Grade Specifications
|Purity (AS Na2S2O5 )||97.0% Min||97.6%|
|Sulfur Dioxide (SO2)||65.0% Min||65.8%|
|Arsenic (As)||0.0002% Max||0.00005%|
|Heavy Metals (As Pb)||0.0005% Max||0.0003%|
|Selenium (Se)||0.0005% Max||0.00006%|
|Iron (Fe)||0.002% Max||0.001%|
|Water Insoluble||0.02% Max||0.014%|
Sodium Metabisulfite Food Grade
Application of sodium metabisulfite in food industry
Sodium Metabisulfite is widely used in food industry. Besides bleaching effect, Sodium Metabisulfite also owns the following functions:
1) Sodium Metabisulfite in food has anti-browning effects. Enzymatic browning often occurs in fruit, potato food. Sodium Metabisulfite is a kind of reducing agent, has a strong inhibitory effect on the polyphenol oxidase activity.
2) Sodium Metabisulfite in food has antiseptic effect. Sodium Metabisulfite can play the role of acidic preservative, the undissociated sulfurous acid is considered it can inhibit yeasts, moulds and bacteria. The inhibition of undissociated sulfurous acid for colon bacillus is 1000 times stronger than Hydrogen sulfite, 100 to 500 times stronger than beer yeast, 100 times stronger than leaf mold. Sulfur dioxide in the acid has the most powerful anti microorganism effects.
3) Sodium Metabisulfite in food has loosen machine effect, Sodium Metabisulfite can be used as the constituent of loosen machine.
4) Sodium Metabisulfite in food has oxidation resistance effect. Sodium Metabisulfite has distinctive resistance effect. Sulfurous acid is strong reducing agent, it can consume the oxygen in organization of fruits and vegetables, inhibit the activity of inhibit the activity of oxidizing enzyme, it is effective to prevent oxidation and breaking of vitamin C in fruits and vegetables.
The mechanism Sodium Metabisulfite effects: Decolorizers can be divided into two types by its function: oxidation type bleaching agent & reducing type bleaching agent. Sodium Metabisulfite belongs to reducing type bleaching agent.
Sodium Metabisulfite effects decoloring function by pigment reducing action, so as to achieve the purpose of bleaching. The colors of most organics are produced by chromophore its molecules contains. All of chromophore contains unsaturated bood, reduction bleaching agents release hydrogen atoms, it can make unsaturated bood in chromophore become single bond, so organics loses color. The browning of some foods is caused by existing of ferric ion, to add reduction bleaching agents can make ferric ion become two valence iron ion, prevent browning of food.
Sodium Metabisulfite effects fading function by addition reaction of sulfite. So as to achieve the purpose of bleaching. Sodium Metabisulfite can contact glycosides and carbohydrates to make addition reaction to bleach and fade. This action is reversible, sulphurous acid can be removed by heating or acid treatment, to make anthocyanin regenerate and resume the original red.
Sodium Metabisulfite Products
Contact Person: Ms.xie