|Place of Origin:||Hunan|
|Model Number:||smbs -a8|
|Minimum Order Quantity:||1 metric ton|
|Price:||usd 300 per metric ton|
|Packaging Details:||25 kgs bag,1000 kgs big bag|
|Delivery Time:||5-8 days|
|Payment Terms:||T/T , L/C|
|Supply Ability:||3000 tons per month|
|Name:||Sodium Meta Bisulphite Food Preservative||Other Name:||Food Preservative Sodium Pyrosulfite|
|Short Name:||SMBS||Storage:||Dry And Cool Warehouse|
|Shelf Life:||365 Days||SO2:||65% Purity|
sodium metabisulfite industrial grade,
sodium metabisulfite oxygen scavenger
sodium metabisulfite food preservative
(1)Molecular formula: Na2S2O5
(2)CAS No.: 7681-57-4
(3) Physical appearance: white or slightly yellowish crystalline powder
(4)Specification:Main Content: 96%min, Water Insoluble: 0.05%max, Iron: 50ppm max, Pb: 10ppm max. As: 2ppm max ,pH: 4.0-4.6
(5)Bag marks:Sodium metabisulphite, N.W.: 25kgs, G.W. 25.1kgs, Made in China.
a):Bleaching agent for textile fibres, paper pulps
b):Colors stripper and dechlorination
c):Preparation of Indigo Vat Dye
d):solubilizing and acidyfing agent for leather industries
(7)Packing:25kgs net PP woven bag with PE liner (if need, we could arrange the pallet.)
na2s2o5 is molecular formula of sodium metabisulphite. Sodium metabisulphite chemical properties as follows:
Sodium Metabisulfite Food Grade Specifications
|Purity (AS Na2S2O5 )||97.0% Min||97.6%|
|Sulfur Dioxide (SO2)||65.0% Min||65.8%|
|Arsenic (As)||0.0002% Max||0.00005%|
|Heavy Metals (As Pb)||0.0005% Max||0.0003%|
|Selenium (Se)||0.0005% Max||0.00006%|
|Iron (Fe)||0.002% Max||0.001%|
|Water Insoluble||0.02% Max||0.014%|
As one of the important food additives, sodium metabisulfite is widely used as preservative in food industry. Soy sauce generally contain preservatives sodium benzoate, bread and soy products are often added preservatives calcium propionate, potassium sorbate is often added into pickles, jam, condiments and beverages. Traditionally, sodium metabisulfite is used for the preservatives of wines. So preservatives widely exist in our daily food consumption.
For food additives national laws and regulations to allow to use, it is given rigorous safety assessment. In the correct range of use, the right amount of use, its security is fully able to be guaranteed. Foods often contain more nutrients, so it is easy to breed bacteria, cause food spoilage. The foods for consumers often need long distance transportation and long term storage, to add preservatives is to prevent the growth and propagation of microorganisms in food, so as to ensure food safety. It is visible food preservatives is not only beneficial to manufacturers, it is also a means to ensure that consumers are enjoying safe and fresh food.
Sodium Metabisulfite Food Grade
Application of sodium metabisulfite in food industry
Sodium Metabisulfite is widely used in food industry. Besides bleaching effect, Sodium Metabisulfite also owns the following functions:
1) Sodium Metabisulfite in food has anti-browning effects. Enzymatic browning often occurs in fruit, potato food. Sodium Metabisulfite is a kind of reducing agent, has a strong inhibitory effect on the polyphenol oxidase activity. 0.0001% of sulfur dioxide can reduce 20% of the enzyme activity, 0.001% of sulfur dioxide can completely inhibit the enzyme activity and can prevent enzymatic browning; In addition, can consume oxygen in food organization and has deoxidation effect. Furthermore, sulfite and glucose can have addition action, prevent glucose and amino acids in food ammonia reaction sugar ammonia reaction, so as to own the function of anti-browning.
2) Sodium Metabisulfite in food has antiseptic effect. Sodium Metabisulfite can play the role of acidic preservative, the undissociated sulfurous acid is considered it can inhibit yeasts, moulds and bacteria. The inhibition of undissociated sulfurous acid for colon bacillus is 1000 times stronger than Hydrogen sulfite, 100 to 500 times stronger than beer yeast, 100 times stronger than leaf mold. Sulfur dioxide in the acid has the most powerful anti microorganism effects.
3) Sodium Metabisulfite in food has loosen machine effect, Sodium Metabisulfite can be used as the constituent of loosen machine.
4) Sodium Metabisulfite in food has oxidation resistance effect. Sodium Metabisulfite has distinctive resistance effect. Sulfurous acid is strong reducing agent, it can consume the oxygen in organization of fruits and vegetables, inhibit the activity of inhibit the activity of oxidizing enzyme, it is effective to prevent oxidation and breaking of vitamin C in fruits and vegetables.
The mechanism Sodium Metabisulfite effects: Decolorizers can be divided into two types by its function: oxidation type bleaching agent & reducing type bleaching agent. Sodium Metabisulfite belongs to reducing type bleaching agent.
Sodium Metabisulfite effects decoloring function by pigment reducing action, so as to achieve the purpose of bleaching. The colors of most organics are produced by chromophore its molecules contains. All of chromophore contains unsaturated bood, reduction bleaching agents release hydrogen atoms, it can make unsaturated bood in chromophore become single bond, so organics loses color. The browning of some foods is caused by existing of ferric ion, to add reduction bleaching agents can make ferric ion become two valence iron ion, prevent browning of food.
Sodium Metabisulfite effects fading function by addition reaction of sulfite. So as to achieve the purpose of bleaching. Sodium Metabisulfite can contact glycosides and carbohydrates to make addition reaction to bleach and fade. This action is reversible, sulphurous acid can be removed by heating or acid treatment, to make anthocyanin regenerate and resume the original red.
Sodium Metabisulfite Products
Contact Person: Ms.xie